Business Development Representative
The Business Development Representative requires a driven, self-starter with a desire to join a fast-growing Solar Development firm and help them achieve regional prominence. The position is located in the greater Chicago or Boston area in what is considered to be one of the fastest growing solar markets in the country.
● Generate new C&I solar PV business opportunities with financial decision makers; be the relationship “owner”
● Ability to build trust with “C” level decision makers and gain “preferred” status among competitors in their decision to purchase solar.
● Build upon your local network to create new opportunities and develop new channel partners to accelerate business growth.
● Team with the sales operations team on marketing campaigns and new lead generation.
● Engagement with the internal Solect team throughout the sale cycle for design, proposal and contract support to close new business.
● Diligently maintain necessary reporting metrics in Salesforce.com.
● Post-installation follow-up to ensure satisfaction of customers and referral sources.
Desired Skills & Experience
● Previous experience and demonstrated success in the Solar C&I segment.
● Hungry self-starter… Energetic, positive, enthusiastic. This is a “hunter” role!
● Strong local network with the ability to access “C-level” key financial decision makers.
● Financial Acumen: comprehensive understanding of deal based finance concepts – Payback, Depreciation, Internal Rate of Return (IRR) – and how they apply to financial decision makers.
● Demonstrated success selling to “C” level customers and business owners
● Strong presentation skills.
● Collaborative style with internal and external customers.
● A technical background in electrical power is a plus.
● Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and independently.
● Highly ethical, professional and a commitment to team success.
● Willingness and ability to work a variety of hours.
● Computer savvy with experience working in Microsoft and Google applications.
● Bachelor’s degree.
● Employee must be able to walk customer’s property and/or roof which may include varying terrain.
● Employee must be able to carry up to 20 pounds of equipment, including solar analysis device, laptop, printer and binder.
● Must be able to travel by car up to 200 miles in a day.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest addressing relevant experience and qualifications, along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Solect Energy
Solect Energy, based in Hopkinton, Massachusetts, is the recognized leader in commercial-scale solar. We develop smart, customized strategies based on a deep assessment of each customer’s energy needs and requirements, then deliver solar design and installation solutions, operations and maintenance services, and the most advanced energy storage systems. Solect offers proven expertise in development, technology, policy, and incentives, as well as individualized financial guidance. Our practical, systematic approach helps businesses and organizations reduce energy costs and optimize their solar investment. To date, Solect has installed over 80 megawatts of commercial PV systems, with a focus on commercial, light industrial, and institutional properties throughout New England. For more information, visit http://www.solect.com or follow us on Twitter at @SolectSolar.
Solect Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition to a disease, lawful off-duty conduct or political activities, or any other legally protected status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, leave of absence, compensation, and training. Discrimination based on any of the above groups is strictly prohibited. Any employee who engages in such conduct is subject to appropriate disciplinary action up to and including immediate dismissal. Solect Energy encourages its employees to bring any perceived violation of this policy immediately to the Management who will investigate their concern in as discreet a manner as possible.