Do you want to change the world? Are you interested in renewable energy?
Can you keep up in a fast-paced, exciting work environment?
Our next intern could be YOU!
The Solar Foundation (TSF) is seeking a talented and internet-savvy intern to support our growing Development team. The ideal Development Intern will be high energy, a solid writer, think strategically, and have experience working with spreadsheets and/or Salesforce and social media. Duties may include, but are not limited to, collaboration with various stakeholders, donor prospecting, writing grants, executing giving campaigns, attending and assisting with events and logistics, building our donor database, and performing other duties as assigned.
This internship is paid, and all successful, high performing interns will benefit from resume boosting skills and experience, a growing personal and professional network, and will receive a letter of recommendation from our President and Executive Director, Andrea Luecke.
Additionally, the internship also provides the opportunity to learn more about the renewable energy sector, specifically the solar industry. Interns will learn about development, communications, and operations functions necessary to run a national non-profit.
• Provide support for on-going development and resource generation activities including prospect research, ideation, grant writing, launching giving campaigns, etc.
• Assist and provide event and fundraising campaign updates to social media and our newsletter listserv
• Assist with donor gift acknowledgement
• Attend and assist with event-related activities and meetings
• Assist with prospect and donor database organization
Candidates for this position will possess:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills, maturity and tact;
• An eye for detail and be self-motivated and highly organized, and have a strong ability to work on various concurrent projects and meet deadlines;
• Ability and willingness to conduct outreach to various stakeholders; and
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel.
Schedule and Office Details
Interns are expected to make a semester-long (or approximately three-month) commitment. Terms may be extended if mutually agreed by the intern and TSF. Our normal business hours are from 9am to 6pm, Monday – Friday. We allow for flexible schedules, but seek candidates who can work approximately 20 hours per week, with exact days and times to be determined jointly by the intern and TSF.
We have a fun, laid back work environment with a relaxed dress code. We are here to change the world – and believe we can do that while wearing jeans!
The Development Intern will be paid $13.25/hour.
University course credit may be available, please inquire with your school.
Please submit a cover letter and resume that clearly demonstrates your unique capabilities and interest in the opportunity, to the Philip Haddix, Director of Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships, at email@example.com with the subject line “TSF Development Intern”. No phone calls please. This position is based in Washington, DC. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Please include your ideal start and end dates in your cover letter. Interns will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
About The Solar Foundation
The Solar Foundation is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to advancing the use of solar and solar-compatible technologies worldwide. We believe that increasing access to this clean, abundant, reliable, and affordable energy source will lift up people’s lives and bring about a prosperous future for all. More at www.TheSolarFoundation.org.
The Solar Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.