The Field Training Manager will be responsible for conducting IronRidge’s onsite training events for IronRidge’s portfolio of products. You will harness your years of PV installation experience to develop, demonstrate, and train solar installation best practices to installers across the country. Additionally, you will be an integral part of the Products Group, whose mission is to develop and field innovative solar structural BOS solutions that make our customer’s lives easier, our products enjoyable, and solar power beautiful and ubiquitous.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your primary responsibility is leading installation training events for regional installers and supporting, representing, and advocating for the “field” where our end-users apply our products.
• Traveling across the country to train installers and teach installation best practices of IronRidge products and BOS components
• Lead the development and presentation of technically based curriculum for a wide variety of training opportunities including onsite customer training
• Identify and produce technically based customer training material
• Train trainers to assist in delivery of ongoing training programs
• Assist in the development of classes that can support NABCEP certification credits
• Maintain training resources (product components, training modules, etc…)
• Provide extended technical support either directly or through IronRidge’s Design Assistant software, in defining and applying the correct systems and components to ensure a successful project design and installation
• Be the internal expert in the application and performance of all of IronRidge’s products and components
• Work with the Products Group on upcoming product releases and modifications to product lines, ensuring that all tools and technical collateral are being kept up to date
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills
• At least 4 years of field experience in solar installations to include residential, commercial, and/or utility applications
• Ability to travel 75% of the time
• Comfortable teaching to a variety of audiences including installers, sales staff, and distribution partners
• A strong commitment to a successful customer experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• 3-5 years of technical training experience preferably in the PV industry or SEI Solar Professional Trainer
• Experience with electrical work
• Experience with carpentry
• Experience with 3D modeling software to manipulate simple assemblies and create general 2D drawings
This position can be remotely based.
The employee is regularly required sit, stand, walk, crawl, kneel, and climb for extended periods, as well as use his/her hands to lift, handle, and feel various materials, components, and assemblies. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.