ReVision Energy is a B Corporation and is 100% Employee Owned. We are a Renewable Energy company that is mission driven, offering full-service design, engineering, and installation with an unmatched depth of experience in Northern New England. Our company has been ranked #1 in New England for rooftop solar installation and our work has been featured in industry magazines such as Solar Pro.
Since our founding in 2003, ReVision has grown from two guys in a garage to more than 250 employees across five locations in ME, NH, and MA. Our success is centered around a hiring philosophy of attracting exceptional, self-motivated individuals and empowering them to be the best professionals in the Renewable Energy Industry.
ReVision Energy’s South Portland Maine location is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our growing Design and Engineering team in this Company Wide role.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Electrical Engineer will play a key role in supporting the design of commercial Solar, Energy Storage systems ranging in size from 500kW to 10+MW. You will work closely with, and collaborate with our team of experienced System Designers, Estimators, and Project Managers. You will be responsible for the design, review, and approval of electrical design for a wide range of projects.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Include but not limited to):
● Design of electrical systems including Solar, Energy Storage, and Electric Vehicle charging
● Provide technical review of work completed by junior engineers and system designers to ensure compliance with applicable codes and to ensure that best practices have been followed.
● Work with Utilities and Code Officials to ensure that ReVision’s project designs meet all utility and code requirements and to ensure that all project approvals are attained.
● Perform project specific design calculations and develop designs for conductor, conduit, and overcurrent protection sizing, grounding details, protection relay schemes, arc-flash hazards, etc.…
● Provide Value Engineering expertise in reducing the cost of installed systems while maintaining code standards, safety, and system longevity.
● Prepare specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials.
Skills and Experience Required:
● Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
● Licensed as a professional Electrical Engineer with the ability to attain PE licensure in ME, NH, MA, and VT.
● Knowledge of applicable codes related to electrical engineering including an in depth understanding of the National Electric Code.
● 5 years of experience (minimum) designing PV systems
● Experience and expertise with Medium Voltage electrical design of up to 34.5kV
● Proficient with electrical design and calculation software (Power Systems Analysis) including specifying electrical equipment, sizing transformers, metering, protective relaying, sizing cable and conduit, and over current protection.
● Communicate with utilities on PV interconnection details and defend/question system design details with supporting calculations and conde references
● Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and other commonly used software, including internet and email
● Must have strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and set priorities in a high pressure environment
● Good at problem solving and great teamwork skills – fostering a positive team environment
● Must have strong oral and written communication skills
● Flexibility – adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes with change.
● Proactive – acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the process and procedures