Solar Construction Site Supervisor – 1.5 MW solar PV ground-mount and 2.5 MWh storage on Bahamian Island
SALT Energy (www.saltenergy.net) is a branch of SALT Service, Inc. SALT has been servicing the Keys for over 28 years. This position is site specific, but on-going opportunities will be available for a proven leader.
YOU MUST SEND RESUME/ QUALIFICATIONS to be considered for this position.
We are a well-established, Florida Keys-based company that specializes in Residential and Commercial Solar installations in South Florida, the Bahamas, and Caribbean.
This position is a scheduled for 9 months, with 5 or more on site. The island is a privately-managed island in the Southern Abacos, hosting cruise ships guests.
The site supervisor’s responsibilities at this site include:
• Oversee operations on a day-to-day basis, and ensure that work is done safely, on time and within budget and to the right quality standards.
• Establishing an understanding of the site facilities and layout, transport logistics, establish staffing needs, preparing the site, carefully planning the work to be done and installing temporary offices for site staff.
• As the client has a strong emphasis on using the local, Bahamian labor where appropriate, supervisor will need to coordinate with local subcontractors for various sub-tasks, particularly the civil work.
• Monitor progress, oversee delivery of materials and arrange for safe storage.
• Inspect work in progress to ensure conformity with QA/QC specifications and requirements, Industry Codes, Standards and Procedures, and Client requirements.
• Advise the Project Manager in determining the need and procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specific times in order to conform to the workloads, plans and schedules.
• Ensure accurate and timely collection and recording of quality/work progress (photos, daily logs, etc.). Upload to project portal for Client access.
• Enforce Client’s expectations of work ethics, behavior, and rules.
• Competence and knowledgeable in Construction and supervision thereof, including use of CMP software.
• Knowledgeable of civil, electrical, and structural codes and other associated codes used in the project.
• Able to control a multi‐national workforce in a dynamic situation.
• Has excellent oral & written communication in English and interpersonal skills.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Knowledgeable of Solar construction technology
• Knowledgeable of Electrical construction practices.
• Knowledgeable of project budget process and tools
• Trenching Best Practices
• Construction Project Management Systems
• Leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising)
• Multi-tasking ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work)
• Communication and meeting skills
• Drug Testing / Screening
• Background check
• Reference Check
• Clean Driving Records
• Passport, or ability to obtain one