Tick Tock Energy, Inc., a well-established energy solutions provider and Top 500 Solar Contractor located in Effingham, Illinois, is looking for a Solar Project Development Cost Estimating Manager with a creative spirit, strong work ethic, and enthusiasm to lead and manage the company’s project development/cost estimating support team. This role will complement our sales team in helping scope and cost estimate solar PV projects and other energy solutions as required.
Responsibilities and duties include:
• Supervise project development staff responsible for cost estimating, solar project scoping, and final proposal preparation.
• Assist sales team with identifying cost-effective solar solutions.
• Lead cost-estimating and proposal development activities; help accelerate proposal output.
• Write proposals as needed and ensure all proposals are well-written and succinct.
• Interface with project management team to help facilitate equipment procurement and field construction after a project is awarded contract.
• All other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Electrical Engineering OR minimum of 10 years of experience in electrical project estimating and electrical design-build background. Field electrician background a plus.
• At least 2 years of experience with medium and large commercial solar PV project estimating and development, proposal writing and installation experience.
• Extremely proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook cost estimating and solar project development/estimating software and familiarity with AutoCAD and solar modeling tools such as Aurora or HelioScope.
• Must be thoroughly familiar with National Electric Code (NEC) and specifically have at least 3 to 5 years of electrical estimating experience.
• Experience with sizing electrical wiring, conduit, electrical gear, electrical labor, and identify all other job factors that require costing. Must work closely with engineering consultants, internal staff, outside material vendors, and have broad experience with electrical systems, solar racking, electrical labor estimating, electrical and solar construction.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, produce results quickly and correctly, be detail-oriented, well-organized and have excellent management skills.
• Ideally NABCEP certified and/or ability to obtain NABCEP certification within 6 months.
• Experience with estimating and development of large commercial , farm and residential solar projects
• Experience with lighting retrofits, power monitoring systems, or related energy solutions a plus.
• Must have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
• Strong passion for helping customers reduce energy use with solar and energy-efficiency.
• Must be able to multi-task and work equally as well with homeowners, farmers and commercial business owners/managers.
• Must be able to travel to customer job-site, evaluate site conditions, identify constructability issues, evaluate building electrical infrastructure
• The applicant must be able to pass a pre-employment background and reference check.
• This position will require some travel within 150 miles of Effingham, IL and further as necessary to locations such as St. Louis, Champaign and Terra Haute. Most day-to-day work will be performed in the Effingham, IL office.
• The salary for this position is commensurate with experience.
• Paid vacation, sick/personal days
• SEP/Simple IRA with matching contributions.
• Relocation assistance will be provided.
Tick Tock Energy, Inc. helps individuals and businesses take control of their energy and reduce their utility costs through energy-efficient solar photovoltaic (PV) solutions for the government & non-profit, and farm & residential sectors. Tick Tock Energy also provides energy-efficient LED lighting upgrades, daylighting systems, energy submetering and monitoring solutions. Please review the company website at www.ticktockenergy.com if you are a serious candidate and be prepared to discuss how you would benefit the company.