We’re A&R Solar, one of the largest and most respected solar installation companies in the Northwest. We have just been named one of the Puget Sound Business Journal’s Best Workplaces. We’re employee owned and a B Corporation. We love going to work everyday and being part of the shift to clean energy. But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
The A&R Solar Design Consultant (SDC) is a highly motivated sales professional with a background in technical, financial or mechanical products. S/he has grit, drive, and motivation to see more solar and storage in our neighborhoods. Successful SDCs at A&R are comfortable building relationships, asking smart questions, educating prospects on technical and financial concepts, highlighting solar benefits, and closing contracts with quality handoffs to our construction team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Learn the solar industry and understand the products we offer on a technical level.
• Manage the entire sales life cycle including initial contact, lead qualification, determining client product needs, and conducting site assessments.
• Build trust and rapport with prospective customers.
• Qualify prospects through the use of consultative, value based selling methods.
• Develop relationships and close deals via company-provided leads.
• Attend trade shows and other A&R Solar related events.
• Generate additional revenue through networking and referrals.
• Other actions and assignments as appropriate including some light marketing and outreach activities.
• Perform various calculations to aid in PV system design.
• Follow-up on post-sale logistics.
• Meticulously maintain Salesforce CRM records and other digital records.
• Continually surpass monthly sales quota.
• Take pride in your work.
• Employ urgency in all customer-related activities to increase the likelihood of success.
• Uphold A&R values and maintain composure as an outward-facing representative.
• Thrive in a work environment not fully developed and sometimes chaotic.
• Be a self-starter, work independently and make best use of your time.
• Become a key team member of A&R Solar while participating in company culture and striving to achieve work-life balance.
• Continually seek ways to contribute to better processes resulting in a better sales experience for customers and employees alike.
• Always maintain curiosity leading to better domain expertise and sales techniques.
• Actively participate in building performance expectations with management to best facilitate your growth.
• Engage with your teammates with empathy, respect, and belief that cooperation leads to more happiness and material success.
• Two years of solar sales experience.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Completed college level coursework.
• Must maintain a current driver’s license.
• Reliable and presentable transportation, including the ability to carry a ladder (mileage reimbursed).
• Must be able to climb ladders and take measurements on various types of roofs.
• Flexibility, ability, and willingness to meet with potential customers in the evening and on weekends as necessary.
A little more about us and our culture:
We must be doing something right–we were finalists for the Puget Sound Business Journal’s 2015, 2017, and 2018 Best Workplaces and have been recognized as one of Washington’s Fastest Growing Companies in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016. We were also named Washington’s top solar contractor for 2015 by Solar Power World and won in the Workforce Development category of the 2015 King County Executive’s Small Business Awards.
FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Education assistance
• At-cost solar PV system
• Dental insurance
• Retirement benefits
• Ownership opportunity (after 3 years)
• Recreational/gym annual stipend
• Vision insurance
• Phone reimbursement
• Maternity/paternity leave
• Work wear stipend for crews
Please send us your resume and cover letter telling us a little about yourself and your experience.
Want to know more about us? Take a peek at our website. www.a-rsolar.com
Don’t have the experience yet for this position? Check out what it takes to get a job in solar.