SolarKal is the leading network of solar energy brokers in the US. We represent businesses, commercial real estate owners, and municipalities that want to switch to solar and cut their energy costs. We focus on getting the transaction done and making the transaction profitable for our clients. By working with SolarKal, our clients get access to hundreds of vetted solar contractors that have completed thousands of projects with Fortune 100 companies. SolarKal is the outsourced sustainability team, for small and medium sized businesses and municipalities that need the guidance.
Founded in 2015, SolarKal represents dozens of commercial & industrial clients in both small commercial and multi megawatts deals. Our team is passionate about what we do and the people we work with. We believe in transparency, enthusiasm, and negotiating the best terms for our clients. The positive social impact we make is an additional and significant benefit. SolarKal was also recognized by Governor Cuomo and New York State as a pioneering cleantech company in the2017 76West renewable energy competition.
SolarKal’s Regional Director of Sales (MA) is the lead executive in charge of revenue for his/her region. The Regional Director of Sales (MA) will act as sales leader and manager for SolarKal’s Massachusetts market, helping to recruit and grow SolarKal’s solar broker team in the state, and creating the environment and processes to optimize their efforts and output. In addition, the Regional Director of Sales (MA) will be responsible for originating and managing their own book of C&I solar deals. The Regional Director of Sales (MA) reports directly to the CEO and Founder of SolarKal, and is expected to make a major impact on the company’s top line revenue.
The Regional Director of Sales (MA) possesses the knowledge, skills, and ability to manage the following business building activities on a regular basis:
• Manage a team of 3-5 solar brokers as a sales leader for the company
• Manage SolarKal sales processes (i.e. CRM) in order to optimize SolarKal’s sales efforts
• Bring existing relationships and create new ones that lead to direct new solar projects and sales for SolarKal in the Massachusetts market
• Act as the local sales and solar expert for the company, both internally and as a leading state representative
• Mine existing relationships and data towards new sales
• Create new categories of relationships, leading to increased deal activity
• Meet and manage personal and regional sales targets
Candidates who qualify for this position have 5+ years of sales experience in the C&I solar industry in the MA market, can identify and sell a new potential client to project start, can build a sales team, and can manage and harness the efforts of a sales team.
If you possess the following, we’d like to hear from you:
• Self-motivated with a high-level sales mentality
• Experience in and strong knowledge of the solar industry
• Ability to communicate complex issues in a simple, effective, persuasive way
• Comfortable with regional and potentially inter-state travel
• Willingness to recruit and manage a team of solar brokers from differing backgrounds, experience levels, and state geographies
• Willingness to work from a remote and/or home satellite office
• Passionate about SolarKal’s mission
• Casual, entrepreneurial, comfortable, fun and proactive with an accountable, high performance, and results oriented work environment
• Salary and commission package that will track market, with potential to outperform
• Work in an industry that is new, growing, and exciting; and one that helps the planet.