ReVision Energy is 100% Employee Owned, mission driven, a full-service design, engineering, and installation company with an unmatched depth of experience in Northern New England. Our company has been ranked #1 in New England for rooftop solar installation and our work has been featured in industry magazines such as Solar Pro.
Since our founding in 2003, ReVision has grown from two guys in a garage to more than 200 employees across six locations. Our success is centered around a hiring philosophy of attracting exceptional, self-motivated individuals and empowering them to be the best professionals in the industry.
ReVision Energy’s Massachusetts location is looking for a Journeyman or Master Electrician to join our team.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are looking for Massachusetts Licensed Journeyman and / or Master Electrician’s to help with solar Photo-voltaic installations. The position will be based out of our North Andover MA. location and will cover a geographic region including Northeastern Massachusetts and potentially parts of Southern NH. Positive attitude is a must! Awareness and concern about environmental issues is a plus. Compensation includes hourly wage, health insurance, HSA with company match, retirement savings, Employee ownership, paid time off & paid holidays. No phone calls please.
Roles and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
Journeyman and / or Master Electrician license and some PV installation experience
• Comprehensive understanding of the NEC as it relates to the installation of solar electric systems in a variety of applications and interconnection scenarios.
• Competence in design of PV systems including electrical wire sizing, conduit sizing, installation methods, conduit bending, etc.
• Basic competence with Computer including Excel, Word, e mail and web based applications
• Excellent teamwork skills – ability to foster a positive team environment
Critical Skills/ Expectations
Highly organized & have ability to multi-task and set priorities
• Effectively coordinate and communicate with others
• Ability to succeed in a fast paced, community environment
• Safety – must be comfortable enforcing safety rules with everyone; including supervisors, customers, and co-workers
• Efficiency – able to produce significant output with minimal waste
• Teamwork – reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish collaborative working relationships
• High Standards – expects personal performance to be nothing short of the best
• Code of Conduct – you will be a guest at our customer’s home and are expected to act accordingly, you will sign and live up to our Code of Conduct
• Flexibility – adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
Required Licenses or Additional Qualifications
Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Comfortably able to lift 40lbs, climb ladders, work with tools, work in crawl spaces, and work on high roof tops in varying temperatures
• Proper installation and sealing of all roof penetrations
• Assembling the racking and solar array
• Fill out job paperwork documenting materials used and as built drawings
• Work a minimum of 40 hours per week
• Roofing experience preferred; other construction or solar installation experience a plus
• Possess full range of mobility in upper and lower body
• Ability to work in various positions, including but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods
• Must be able to work in direct sunlight for extended periods
• Ability to work on rooftops and from ladders in a safe manner
• Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
• Be able to lift 50 pounds of weight frequently throughout the assigned workday
• Have and maintain a valid driver’s license
• Professional appearance and client interaction
Preferred Assets (not required)
• OSHA 10 hour certification
• OSHA 30 hour certification
• NABCEP Certificate of Knowledge
• NABCEP Installer Certification
• Other solar training
Jobs List With Carousel
Tidewater Community College in Chesapeake, VA is the local provider of the Solar Ready Vets program and is in need of an immediate fill adjunct instructor. Our class meets 4 times a year and is five weeks in duration. Students are in class from 8 am to 4 pm for the five weeks and take the NABCEP Associate exam at the conclusion of the course. Instructor is paid for 174 hours per class, 204 if able to teach OSHA 30 construction.
Ipsun Solar is seeking an experience Solar Warehouse Manager to serve as a central point for inventory management, procurement, tending to stock and communicating with distributors.
What You Will Do
- Stage material for multiple projects per day
- Stock vans as needed on daily basis
- Receive and check all incoming orders for accuracy
- Complete data entry and administrative tasks
- Accurately prepare documents for installation crew
- Occasionally transport materials and equipment to job sites
- Maintain a clean and safe warehouse while optimizing space
- Manage inventory and work with distributors to procure materials
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Expert forklift operator; Ipsun Solar can assist with certification
- Must be highly organized & able to multi-task and set priorities
- Comfortably able to lift 50lbs, climb ladders, and work in varying temperatures
- Effective coordination and communication with Warehouse, Operations, and Install staff
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced, community environment
- Must possess valid Driver’s License, and meet requirements of company insurance carrier
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
What we can offer you
- Negotiable compensation.
Join the team that’s striving every day to make the world more sustainable. Ipsun Solar has a dedicated team of clean energy professionals who wake up every day ready to replace dirty energy with clean energy, and we want you to help. Ipsun Solar is seeking applicants to install residential solar systems. In this position, the Junior Solar Installer will provide support to the Crew Lead of the installation team, communicate job status data to Management, and ensure the completion of installation of all solar arrays/systems. It is the responsibility of every Installer to ensure safe work practices for the Ipsun Solar installation team.
What You Will Do
- Pulling inventory for each installation job.
- Pre-assemble job components in the warehouse.
- Layout and assembly of solar modules/array and mounting hardware.
- Mechanical/structural mounting of racking, modules and electrical equipment.
- Electrical wiring of solar array/system (AC and DC).
- Document completion of completed installation.
- Clean up of the job site.
- Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology, and safety.
- Additional duties required as needed.
What we can offer you
The Master Electrician has the responsibility for ensuring specified construction project deliverables are efficiently and safely achieved according to the Company and customer milestones within the approved budget and technical specifications.
What You Will Do
What we can offer you
What we can offer you
- A close working relationship with leadership and potentially supervising junior electrical techs
- Compensation commensurate with experience
Ipsun Solar is one of the fastest growing solar installation companies in the DC region and is a member of Amicus Solar Cooperative as well as a Tesla Certified Powerwall Installer. The Inside Sales Specialists will be located at headquarters in Washington, DC in the Dupont area and will work closely with our Director of Sales to handle the leads coming in with from all markets. You will be working with our inside and outside sales team. We are looking for highly organized individuals with customer service experience for an internship with the potential to lead to a full-time position in under 3 months.
What You Will Do
- Ensure customers are being contacted in a timely manner
- Following up with customers and sales reps
- Execution of process & ensuring we get the sale
- Handle a large quantity of leads coming in from multiple sources
- Customer service experience
- Must have exceptional organizational skills
What Qualified Applicants Bring
What we can offer you
- A close working relationship with our sales staff and leadership
- Compensation commensurate with experience
Do you want to be part of the solar revolution that is transforming the energy landscape? Do you have a passion for making our environment better for this generation and the ones that follow? Does working for a young, fast paced, growing company that is leading the way into new markets sound exciting to you? Come join us as we take on new challenges and help build a better tomorrow. Our mission is clear: to reshape the energy landscape, delivering value to our clients and partners while benefiting our communities and society at large. Let’s make a difference together. Join our team.
Nexamp is seeking an experienced, licensed electrician to help provide lifecycle maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of Nexamp’s growing portfolio of solar PV infrastructure. Duties and responsibilities include electrical testing, trouble-shooting, writing maintenance reports, tracking cases and mitigating equipment under performance.
Position is located in our Haverhill, MA office. Opportunities to work remotely for qualified candidates in CT, MA, NY and RI. Requires annual overnight travel of less than 5%.
-Conducts scheduled and unscheduled field maintenance.
-Identifies and documents faults, specification/drawing deviations, safety violations, etc.
-Maintains customer, partner and subcontractor relationships.
-Maintains Nexamp equipment and assigned PPE.
-Possesses high level of understanding and technical expertise in all means and methods relating to PV commissioning, operation and troubleshooting.
-Fully understands principles and safe operation of grid-tied, commercial PV and ancillary electrical systems.
-Maintains thorough understanding of company, vendor, partner and subcontractor capabilities.
-Sustains knowledge of emerging technologies and assists with process improvement.
-Highly developed electrical and PV related troubleshooting skills and expertise.
-Office skills including the use of computers, Microsoft Office, data acquisition systems, communications and remote computing.
-Knowledge of Ethernet, cellular, fiber and machine to machine (M2M) communications.
-Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications and procure materials and equipment when required.
-The ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on, results-oriented, and a team player.
-Key qualifications are as follows:
-3-5 years of experience
-Electrical license in good standing required
-Driver’s license in good standing required
-Ability to use ladders and work at heights
PERKS & COMPENSATION
Not only will you get to work with a group of innovative, dedicated, and motivated peers, you will also have access to all the benefits that Nexamp Offers! This includes: our competitive compensation package; a 401 (k) employer-match; health, dental, & vision insurance with company contribution; Flexible Paid Time Off and Company Holidays; Commuter Benefits and Cell Phone Reimbursement; as well as a Fun, Collaborative, Downtown Office Environment! We provide healthy snacks, coffee, in-office yoga sessions, volunteer opportunities, company outings, and more! For this position we are also offering a company vehicle and gas card as well as Professional development assistance
NEXAMP VALUES AND MISSION
Building the future of energy so it is clean, simple and accessible
Nexamp is building the energy infrastructure of tomorrow and reinventing the way people interact with the electricity that powers their lives. By deploying a distributed network of locally sourced clean energy, we seek to reduce the negative effects of climate change. Our team’s diverse experience drives innovation from the ground up and with a singular passion: to deliver an accessible and sustainable energy future for all.
Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc. (WEST), a dynamic medium size consulting firm with offices across the United States, is looking for a full-time Renewable Energy Environmental Planning/Permitting Lead, location of position is flexible depending on qualified applicant.
Since 1990, WEST has grown to be one of the premier environmental and statistical consulting firms in the United States. WEST has a permanent core of professionals with broad experience in basic environmental and applied ecological studies and the sophisticated analysis of natural resource data.
The successful candidate will have experience and expertise in project management, environmental planning/permitting and environmental consulting and will be responsible for leading efforts to expand our permitting services, with a particular emphasis on the solar energy industry.
• Develop and lead a WEST Renewable Energy Environmental Planning/Permitting Program with an emphasis on solar energy
• Foster current business relationships and actively promote new business development efforts, with an emphasis on solar energy projects
• Capitalize on existing client relationships to expand WEST’s profile and market share, with a focus on solar and other possible industries
• Complete and direct various project management and support tasks related to siting evaluation, environmental planning/permitting, and/or environmental reviews (e.g., federal/state/local site permitting and environmental reviews, wetland and/or water resource permitting, Environmental Site Assessments, etc.)
• Direct multi-disciplinary teams in completing environmental reviews for small, medium, and large-scale renewable energy projects
• Coordinate with local/state/federal agencies, tribes and the public in support of client-directed project work
• Direct, coordinate and review environmental technical work performed by internal and external (i.e., sub consultants) team members
• Perform quality checks to ensure WEST standards and client requirements are met
• Develop significant portions of presentations and direct public facilitation
• Prepare scopes of work, budget estimates and respond to proposal requests
• Train and oversee the work of staff supporting environmental planning and permitting services.
• Help maintain WEST’s position as thought leaders in the energy-environmental consulting market
This a general description of the functions for this position and is not inclusive of all the duties which may be associated with this position
• A Bachelor’s degree in environmental planning, natural resources, biological science, ecology, or related field with a Master’s degree preferred
• Experience working in the energy industry with a preference for solar project planning/permitting experience
• Eight or more years of environmental planning and permitting experience successfully coordinating and managing document preparation
• Strong writing and editing skills with the ability to pay close attention to detail and accurately report scientific methods and results of field studies
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Good time management, project management and organizational skills with the ability to work well under time constraints and meet deliverable targets and deadlines
• Ability to follow instructions from clients and managers and accept guidance and constructive criticism
• Ability to effectively supervise others
• Occasional travel and overnight stays will be required
• Location is flexible but with preference for relocation to one of our existing branch or field office locations (Golden Valley, Minnesota; Corvallis, Oregon; Houston, Texas; Cheyenne, Wyoming; Albuquerque, NM, Fort Collins, Colorado; Bloomington, Indiana; Lemoyne, Pennsylvania; and Henderson, Nevada)
Successful candidates must be able to pass a background check; a pre-employment drug screen; and a DMV records check that meets WEST’s minimum criteria to operate a motor vehicle on behalf of the company. A valid driver’s license will be required. Candidates must adhere to all health and safety requirements.
WEST is an employee-owned organization with a tradition of professional integrity dedicated to a family atmosphere and a diverse workforce
• Competitive salary including potential for profit sharing
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision
• SEP/IRA (100% employer contributions, after initial eligibility requirements are met)
• Scheduling Flexibility including vacation time, sick leave, and paid holidays
WEST provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Further, WEST takes affirmative action to ensure that all individuals are treated fairly, and without discrimination, for recruitment, selection, advancement and every other term and privilege associated with employment.
Energy Technology Instructor
Full-time or Part-time?
Skilled and Technical Sciences
Exempt / Non Exempt Status
Estimated Hours per Week
Position Summary Information
Candidates should have an Associate of Applied Sciences degree in Energy Technology or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of related occupational experience. Candidates could also possess a Bachelor’s degree in Energy Technology or related field with 3 years of related occupational experience. Candidates with 10 or more years of related occupational experience and willingness to earn an Associate’s degree in the field will also be considered.
Candidates should have thorough knowledge of solar photo-voltaic system operations including the repair and maintenance of photo-voltaic cells. Advanced knowledge of electrical system operations and battery system configuration and design. Thorough knowledge of wind turbine power generation and operation. Additional experience in customer service, site assessment, control systems, and special tools are preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with teaching experience, but it is not required. The candidate should have the ability and desire to teach in a variety of delivery methods to a diverse student population. Familiarity with curriculum development is helpful.
As a full-time instructor (175 Day Contract) in Energy Technology, the instructor will develop and maintain the course materials for this new program. The curriculum is designed to cover three primary areas: photo-voltaic, wind energy, battery storage and systems integration. Courses will cover safety standards, safety requirements, electricity, electrical load analysis, photo-voltaic system design, configuration, sizing, and selection, wind turbine power system design, operation, and maintenance, battery storage system design and configuration, as well as customer service. Instructors teach classroom and hands-on courses and potentially short term training for students from a wide range of backgrounds. Instructors are actively involved in program recruitment, advising, working with industry, and assessing student progress through program outcomes and awards.
Posting Detail Information
Approximate starting date of employment
Special Instructions to Applicants
Official transcripts are not required during the application process. You may submit copies.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
1. What is the highest level of education attained? •GED
•High School Diploma
•Professional Degree (J.D., M.D., etc.)
2. Are you proficient with written and oral communication? •Yes
3. Please provide examples of teaching delivery methods utilized.
(Open Ended Question)
4. Please provide examples of your experience working with a diverse population.
(Open Ended Question)
Required Documents 1.Cover Letter / Letter of Application
3.Highest Degree Obtained Transcript
Optional Documents 1.Unofficial Transcript 1
2.Unofficial Transcript 2
3.Unofficial Transcript 3
COMPANY BACKGROUND / JOB DESCRIPTION:
Work for a solar company based in Brooklyn with a portfolio of approximately 50 MWs of commercial rooftop solar, all located within the NYC / NJ region. Support our O&M team in various capacities, primarily completing repairs but at times assisting with preventative maintenance inspections. Typical hours are from 7AM – 3PM, but at times work days are longer. Must be willing to be flexible with scheduling and work longer hours at times to get a repair completed or finish work to a reasonable stopping point. Tools will be provided. Travel is required, we will provide a vehicle.
Mechanically inclined with strong knowledge of DC electrical circuits. Thoughtful and safety oriented individual. Knowledge and experience working with a wide range of Central & String Inverters is required. Must be able to troubleshoot and repair inverters and other system components – support from the office will be provided when needed. Knowledge and ability to safely identify, isolate, and repair ground faults. Must be capable of working independently; as a technician you will be dispatched to complete repairs on your own. Experience initiating RMAs with manufacturers is also important. Familiarity with DAS portals is helpful, but not required. Must be experienced and knowledgably with multi-meters, megger, thermal imaging. IV curve tracer knowledge is helpful, but not required.