THE SOLAR READY VETS FELLOWSHIP
Through the HIRING OUR HEROES CORPORATE FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM active duty transitioning service members from select bases will be placed with solar employers for work-based learning opportunities at no cost to employers.
Fellowships provide qualified service members with valuable hands-one experience in high-demand sectors. On-the-job training is augmented by weekly classroom-based professional development sessions to facilitate a smooth transition from military service to civilian careers.
Candidates are carefully matched with participating companies based on the specific skills of the candidate and the preferences of both parties. Through this process, employers gain access to the best and brightest transitioning military talent, while gaining a deeper understanding of the veteran labor market.
We are currently accepting employer applications for 2020 cohorts!
Participating employers must:
- Place fellows into roles where the company has open requisitions that they are seeking to fill
- Offer fellowship in positions typically requiring a Bachelor’s degree & leadership experience
- Be willing to interview fellows for management positions (or positions with a comparable salary level), and/or be willing to refer fellows to opportunities within a company’s network
- Commit to attending one networking session and graduation with each group of fellows
2020 SOLAR Fellowship Locations:
- Camp Pendleton (San Diego, CA)
- Fort Hood (Killeen, TX)
- MacDill Air Force Base (Tampa, FL)